Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Lamar Odom Saga

I couldn't think of another title...so I rolled with this one. I thought it sounded intriguing...lol.

Ok so here's the scoop....at least what I could gather. Basically, there was no mutual agreement, Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks organization was tired of Lamar Odom. He was given chance after chance and they tried to work with him through his tough time of adjusting to a new environment but he just couldn't hold up his end of the deal.

It's totally understandable. People go through personal issues all the time, but at the end of the day, you still have a job to do....period. AND.....he's still getting paid! Lamar Odom is guaranteed $8.9 million this season and the Mavs will have to dish out another $2.4 million for next season! I guess the situation was just that bad....to deactivate him and still have to pay him. We keep hearing about the Mavs being 0-7 while Odom was out. Well, during that time Delonte West was out and so was Jason Kidd....I rest my case.

Lamar "Kardashian"....you put up absolutely no effort. The fans could tell in his demeanor that he just didn't give a damn about being here. Maybe basketball isn't fulfilling to him anymore....whatever the case may be our Mavs got the bad end of the deal.

I'm interested to see how this affects the hopeful acquisition of Deron Williams. Both he and Lamar share the same agent....I say his agent owes us one and convinces Williams to come on home to Dallas...IJS!

To check out what ESPN - Dallas/Ft. Worth blogger has to say check out www.espndallas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment